In Patient Rehabilitation and Therapy Services
At Sandy Health and Rehab we pride ourselves in our Therapy Team and stand by their results and outcomes. We employ over a dozen Therapists and offer Therapy Services 7 days a week. Our Rehab Team is committed to helping each patient and resident achieve positive outcomes, regain function in our state-of-the-art rehab gym so that they can safely return home as quickly as their recovery allows.
Personalized Treatment Plans
We provide therapy plans specifically tailored to our patients’ needs and abilities. This personalized treatment plan begins on the day of admission with an initial patient assessment and screening that takes into reflection each patient’s medical condition. Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Guests are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Guest families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
Types of Rehabilitation Therapy We Provide
Probably the most commonly known form of rehabilitation therapy, physical therapy is the treatment of disease or disability through therapy and exercise. Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the guest’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas, including assistance with gait training, bed mobility, wound care, restraint reduction and wheelchair positioning.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increasing strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increasing motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improving coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improving overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury or further complications
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the guest
- Improved ability to do self-care tasks
- Education and awareness to cope with the disease process
- Increase patient hope and encouragement to get through therapy
Occupational therapy is designed to help patients regain skills related to activities of daily living. Individuals may require this therapy if, as the result of an illness or injury, they have difficulty completing tasks such as eating, dressing, housekeeping or grooming. Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our guests whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our guests in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with guests who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist guests with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Speech-language therapists work with patients to help them regain or strengthen their ability to speak with ease and clarity. Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with guests suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem solving, and abstract reasoning
- Guest and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing